Ingredients for the red wine reduction-
110ml red wine vinegar
110g caster sugar
Ingredients for the griddled baby leeks-
12 baby leeks
2 tbsp rapeseed oil
Ingredients for the cod with beurre noisette and capers-
4 x 150-200g cod fillet, skin on
110g unsalted butter
2 tbsp baby capers
½ lemon, juiced
2tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Pan fried cod with beurre noisette and capers, griddled baby leeks and a red wine reduction
- Difficulty: easy
- Serves: 4
Method for the red wine reduction-
- Place the red wine, vinegar, sugar and 110ml/4fl oz water into a saucepan and cook until reduced to a syrup.
Method for the griddled baby leeks-
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil, add the leeks and cook until just tender then drain and pat dry. Heat a griddle pan until hot, toss the leeks with a little olive oil, salt and black pepper and char on each side until scorched.
Method for the cod with beurre noisette and capers-
- Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan over a medium to high heat. When the butter is foaming, add the cod and fry for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the cod to a baking tray and bake for another 4-5 minutes to finish cooking through.
- Place the leeks in the centre of the plate and place the cod on top. Pour the capers and reduction over and around the fish.