Malton – synonymous with good food.
James, who is well-known for his cookery shows on BBC and Channel 4, makes the most of the area’s renowned butchers, fishmongers, game dealers, farmers and cheesemakers to produce menus of classic but simple food of the highest quality.
“North Yorkshire is in my blood, and I’ve been thrilled to see my home town of Malton build a reputation as a foodie destination based on the abundance of growers and producers in the area.”
“Guests can look forward to finding all my favourite Yorkshire produce on the menu from Wakefield rhubarb to Whitby crab.”
The menu at the Talbot changes regularly to take advantage of the seasons. Dishes are produced with flair by a team of highly trained chefs and served in a professional yet understated manner.
- 50-cover restaurant
- Drawing room with open fires
- Bar and informal dining
- Wentworth room for private functions for up to 65 people
- Morning coffee and light bites in the bar and lounge
- Afternoon cream teas, cakes, sandwiches and drinks in the Drawing Room
- Traditional Sunday roast in the restaurant
- Hand-pulled cask bitter and wide selection of wines by the glass in the bar
- Wines from around the world including select vintages from the renowned ‘Chateau Talbot’
The Talbot is the place in Malton for food and drink.
- Morning coffee served in the lounges, bar and atrium – available all day – no bookings
- Lunch in the bar and atrium – 12 noon – 2.30pm – no bookings
- Afternoon tea served in the lounges, bar and atrium: 3.00 – 5.00pm – no bookings
- Supper in the bar and atrium from 1st September 5.00 – 7.00pm – no bookings
- Dinner in the restaurant 6.30 – 9.30pm – booking required
- Sunday lunch in the restaurant 12 noon – 2.30pm – booking required
If you require further information, please use the ‘make an enquiry’ button to the side, click here to email us or contact us via telephone on 01653 639096.