Ingredients for meringue –
8 egg whites
200g/7oz white caster sugar
Ingredients for filling -
400ml/14floz double cream
2 tbsp icing sugar
- Meringues with Strawberries and Cream
- Difficulty: easy
- Serves: 8
Method for meringue –
• Preheat the oven to 100C/200F/ Gas ¾.
• Place the egg whites into a bowl and whisk until soft peaks are formed.
• Gradually add the sugar and continue to whisk until soft peaks are formed.
• Spoon into a piping bag fitted with a small plain nozzle.
• Pipe whatever shapes you fancy????
• Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
• Turn the oven off but leave the meringues in there for at least 2 hours.
• When crisp, remove from the oven and cool.
Method for filling –
• Whisk the cream and icing sugar together to soft peaks then fold in half the strawberries.
To assemble –
• Place a meringue onto a serving plate.
• Spread the cream lightly over the meringue to cover totally, add some more strawberries.
• Place another meringue disc on top.