- To make the marinade, put all the ingredients in a bowl. Mix well and add the chops. You can do this a couple of days ahead of schedule for the best results.
- Preheat the krill or a griddle pan (grill pan) until very hot. Cook your chops for 3 – 4 minutes per side, depending on their thickness and how well done you like them. When caramelised and burnished well, remove from the heat and allow to rest for about 5 minutes. During resting delicious juices are produced, which I recommend you pour over the chops when you plate.
Punjabi panzanella, kalonji and crispy chana
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan/200°C/ 400F/ gas mark 6 and line a baking tray with baking paper. Put the chickpeas in a bowl with the salt, chilli powder and garam masala and turn to combine. Spread out on the lined tray and roast for 30-40 minutes until crunchy and golden. Tip into a bowl and set aside.
- Meanwhile , tear up your bread, spread over the same baking tray and drizzle some olive oil. Bash the garlic clove and give it a good mix around with the bread. Toast in the oven for about 8 minutes until it is crisp but not totally brittle.
- In a large bowl, mix the onion, sea salt and sherry vinegar well.
- Now , roughly chop your tomatoes. It is really important to transfer all of the tomato juice from the chopping board to the bowl , along with the tomatoes, as this becomes your dressing.
- Add the toasted bread to the bowl with the chaat masala and nigella seeds. Mix really well before adding the crispy chickpeas and chopped coriander. Add a glug of olive oil and sherry vinegar and mix well. Leave for at least 15 minutes (if you can) before enjoying.
Roasted Onion and Chili Chutney
- Preheat the oven to 190°C fan/210°C/410 F/gas mark 6 1/2 . Put the onion, garlic, tomatoes, pepper, ginger and chillies on a baking tray or in a large oven dish. Ideally they will be nicely spread out so that they can char properly. Drizzle with the oil,scatter over the salt and cumin and mix well.
- Roast for about 20 – 25 minutes, turning the veg once or twice to ensure even cooking.
- When everything is burnished and coloured nicely, remove from the oven and allow to rest for ten minutes.
- Pop into a blender along with the coriander and lime juice. Blitz while warm until smooth. Check for salt and adjust if needed.